Protected by Copyscape Protected by Copyscape Protected by Copyscape

Scarred but Unbroken

You called it love,
but your neglect was a blade,
cutting deeper than words ever could.

Ignored, I became a ghost
in the room where my heart once bloomed,
my voice swallowed by your indifference.

Insults rained like stones,
each syllable bruising,
each laugh at my expense
a reminder that tenderness had fled.

I carried the weight of your storms,
the bruises invisible,
yet heavy as chains on my spirit.

Still, I searched for light...
a flicker of kindness,
a hand that would not strike,
a gaze that would not condemn,
words that would not demean.

But love, twisted by cruelty,
became a prison of echoes,
where I learned that survival
is sometimes the only form of resistance.

And though you tried to break me,
I rise from the wreckage,
scarred, yes...
but unbroken,
my heart still beating
against the silence you left behind.

~
Copyright © EmperatrizV @Sunflower for Emily, 12 August 2026 - All Rights Reserved


To support my creative writing > poetry, quotes, reflections, and short stories. 
 Thank you... 🌻🌻

Protected by Copyscape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is valuable to us, let me know what you think and how words touch your soul. Thank you..~ 🌻